Full Stack Developer (f/m/x)
SOFTGAMES is looking for a motivated developer who is passionate about joining SOFTGAMES’s engineering team as Full Stack Developer (f/m/x) with focus on Backend. Our engineering team is focussing on building scalable, high-performance, high-quality tools and services that allow our game developers to focus and improve their productivity.
As part of our engineering team you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment.
- As part of our agile engineering team your area of work is on all parts of our product range (Frontend / Backend)
- Test driven development of new services, features and libraries is also part of your tasks
- You ensure code quality and cross-browser compatibility on our front-end related products and features
- You will collaborate with product, design and development in a lean and agile manner
- You are experienced with development of enterprise software in Node.js
- You think GraphQL is the better REST
- You are familiar with working in a distributed architecture
- You enjoy working in a cross-functional, agile team
- You use git and are not afraid of rebase ;)
- You have experience with data persistence layers and caching (SQL, NoSQL, Key-Value Stores)
- You are a constant learner and actively looking for new ways to solve problems
- You are willing to continuously improve yourself, the team and the workflow
Nice to have:
- You are familiar with modern messaging systems like RabbitMQ or Kafka
- You are familiar with multiple programming languages
- You participate in the Node.js Open Source community
- Experience with Docker containers, Terraform (infrastructure as code language)
- Familiar and comfortable with using AWS services
- Deep knowledge of frontend technologies and good understanding of backend integration (HTML5 is self-evident for you)
- You are experienced with frontend frameworks and libraries
Working and living in Germany has many advantages as e.g. a high job security, great work-life balance and one of the best universal health care systems in the world! Further our Berlin team benefits from:
Visa: Our visa assistance service guides you through the whole process and helps with tips and tricks to get the approvals and your visa as fast as possible.
Relocation Support: We support your move to Berlin with e.g. flat hunting, paper work like local registration, setting up bank accounts etc.
Language classes: We pay your German lessons so you can order food auf deutsch very fast and go right up to perfecting your business vocabulary.
Further training: A personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops, etc.
Flexible working hours and home office: Productive hours differ individually. That’s why you're welcome to show up in the office whenever you're ready for it. Need to watch the kids or wait for a handicraftsman? No problem - we also offer the opportunity for home office.
Office: A super modern office with state of the art tech, based in the center of Berlin, quickly to reach from all destinations thanks to the excellent public transport connections.
Equipment: Choose between the latest MacBook Pro or Windows Laptops at your choice. Furthermore our office features the latest projectors, cameras, testing devices, monitors - you name it.
Fresh fruits, snacks and drinks: Enjoy fresh fruits, free coffee and a fully stocked fridge with cold Water, Juices, Coke, Club Mate, Beer etc. For the sweet-toothed we have snacks, chocolate and chips of course.
Epic company parties: Regular company parties to celebrate, including Summer Party, Oktoberfest, Christmas Party.
Team events: We have regular Casual Fridays, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes, Team lunches, Company breakfasts and much more …
Team spirit: Beyond our amazing parties and company events, the team further organizes activities themselves such as playing soccer together, a cooking group, a Japanese learning group, and much more.
Based in Berlin, the creative capital of Europe, with offices in Toronto, Canada, SOFTGAMES is a leading developer of Instant Games. Further SOFTGAMES is operating the world’s largest platform for HTML5 games distribution and monetisation outside the Messengers. We’re delivering fun to tens of millions of players every month across 6 continents on the device of their choosing. Our vision is to help users to instantly discover and engage with games they like, while helping brands to reach their target audiences.
Have we caught your interest? Then we look forward to your detailed application together with your salary expectations and earliest possible start date.