Game Designer - Hyper Casual Games
SOFTGAMES is looking for a Game Designer who has a passion for making hyper casual games that truly stand out in the mobile games market. As a Game Designer at SOFTGAMES you will have full responsibility and ownership of a hyper casual game with millions of daily players. You will deliver innovative ideas for new and existing features, always striving to bring our players the best gaming experience while balancing business needs.
**Qualified applicants will be expected to complete a Game Design test before conducting an interview.
**We have a flexible working setup - either fully remote or on-site in central Berlin.
- Take responsibility for multiple hyper casual game projects, creating game design documents, diagrams and flowcharts
- Deliver new game ideas and features that are highly engaging and delivered on time
- Create innovative and engaging designs and prototypes while maintaining a high standard of quality
- Rapidly create and iterate hyper casual game concepts
- Communicate game design clearly and concisely with the team and throughout the studio
- Iterate and adjust designs based internal/external play tests, game metrics, team input, and community feedback
- Inspire the agile and multidisciplinary game team through progressive, creative design and leadership
- 2+ years experience with (relevant and released) (hyper) casual mobile games
- Deep understanding of core mechanics-, game loop- and meta-game design in (hyper) casual games
- Knowledge of mobile free-to-play game monetisation and advertising techniques
- You embrace F2P and enjoy working with KPIs and user feedback to adjust your designs
We have a flexible working setup - either fully remote or on-site in central Berlin. Your choice! Working and living in Germany has many advantages as e.g. a high job security, great work-life balance and one of the best universal health care systems in the world! Further our Berlin team benefits from:
Visa: Our visa assistance service guides you through the whole process and helps with tips and tricks to get the approvals and your visa as fast as possible.
Relocation Support: We support your move to Berlin with e.g. flat hunting, paper work like local registration, setting up bank accounts etc.
Language classes: We pay your German lessons so you can order food auf deutsch very fast and go right up to perfecting your business vocabulary.
Further training: A personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops, etc.
Flexible working hours and home office: Productive hours differ individually. That’s why you're welcome to show up in the office whenever you're ready for it. Need to watch the kids or wait for a handicraftsman? No problem - we also offer the opportunity for home office.
Office: A super modern office with state of the art tech, based in the center of Berlin, quickly to reach from all destinations thanks to the excellent public transport connections.
Equipment: Choose between a MacBook Pro or Windows Laptop. Furthermore our office features the latest projectors, cameras, testing devices, monitors - you name it.
Fresh fruits, snacks and drinks: Enjoy fresh fruits, free coffee and a fully stocked fridge with cold Water, Juices, Coke, Club Mate, Beer etc. For the sweet-toothed we have snacks, chocolate and chips of course.
Epic company parties: Regular company parties to celebrate, including Summer Party, Oktoberfest, Christmas Party.
Team events: We have regular Casual Fridays, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes, Team lunches, Company breakfasts and much more …
Team spirit: Beyond our amazing parties and company events, the team further organizes activities themselves such as playing soccer together, a cooking group, a Japanese learning group, and much more.
With offices in Berlin (HQ) and Toronto, SOFTGAMES is a leading developer of the most popular Instant Games for Facebook and the App Stores with tens of million users every month. We are on a mission to empower billions of people to instantly play great games together with their friends. To-date, more than 100 MM people have played our games on Facebook, including Cookie Crush, Solitaire Story, Mahjong Story, Space Invaders, Fish Story, Bubble Shooter or Candy Rain.
At SOFTGAMES, we believe that different perspectives and background in our teams contribute to the quality of our work. We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion / worldview, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity.
Have we caught your interest? Then we look forward to your detailed application together with your salary expectations and earliest possible start date.