Head of Games Development (f/m/x)
SOFTGAMES is looking for a Head of Games Development (f/m/x) to lead a team of 25 Game Developers building Instant Games for different platforms.
In this role, you will collaborate with our game developers and also the producers, game artists to build the world's best HTML5 games. As a Head of Games Development, you will act as a mentor to our passionate developers, manage and train them as well as identify and establish best practices. You will also ensure smooth communication across the teams and report directly to the CEO.
- You will provide technical leadership to the game teams.
- You will identify possible technical improvements within the products and communicate them clearly to the stakeholders.
- You will enable the games to grow in the future by fostering productive methodologies.
- You will ensure solid coding practices, technical briefs, code reviews and guarantee long term maintainability, scalability and quality.
- You will lead technical design and ensure technical alignment across different platforms.
- You will identify technical trends in the gaming industry and adapt them quickly.
- Modern HTML5 Gaming- and Frontend frameworks (e.g. PixiJS, PlayCanvas)
- Experience with Gaming Backends (e.g. Nakama, PlayFab)
- Familiar with build- and tool chains
- Experience with Project Management
- Test-driven development
- Experience in creating a game engine is a plus
- Besides the technical requirements, you possess outstanding communication skills in English and experience as a mentor or coach.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in leading teams
- You have a passion for games and discovering and solving new challenges.
- You have strong software design and architecture skills.
- You have a proven track record of released games and have demonstrated the ability to build top performing games from the beginning all the way through to production.
- You have experience running a live client/server game in a leading engineering position.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work in the heart of Berlin within a thriving company of ambitious, international and highly motivated professionals in the fast-evolving Instant Games business
- An exciting job where you can assume responsibility and develop professionally
- Flexible working-hours and flat company hierarchy
- Inspiring company breakfasts & team events
- Perks: fresh fruits, cold drinks, tea, coffee, discounted local transport ticket, food vouchers etc.
With offices in Berlin, Germany and Toronto, ON, Canada, SOFTGAMES is a leading developer of the most popular Messenger Games with tens of million users every month. Further SOFTGAMES is operating the world’s largest platform for HTML5 games distribution and monetization outside the Messengers. Our vision is to help users to instantly play great games with their friends, while helping brands to reach their target audiences. To-date, more than 100 MM people have played our games on Facebook Messenger, including Cookie Crush, Solitaire Story, Mahjong Story, Space Invaders, Fish Story, Bubble Shooter or Candy Rain.
Have we caught your interest? Then we look forward to your detailed application together with your salary expectations and earliest possible start date.