Lead Game Artist
As a Lead Game Artist (f/m/x) remote or on-site at SOFTGAMES you spearhead the art team for one of our most successful instant games. The Lead Game Artist is responsible for the growth and well-being of their team.
You will be in charge of envisioning, conceptualizing and managing visual improvements as well as new game features. You understand typical technical constraints and you are familiar with the challenges in game development. The Lead Game Artist we are looking for embraces these constraints and challenges as a frame for your art - not as a limiting restriction and you love to think outside of the box.
**Qualified applicants will be expected to complete a graphics test.
Due to indeterminate circumstances of COVID-19, this position may initially be done remotely.
- Inspire, mentor, and manage a team of artists and outsourcing vendors
- Take ownership in visual designs, animations and art from concept stage to implementation
- Ensure that all assets created by your art team match the style, quality and technical guidelines
- Provide guidance and mentorship to your team members to reach their full potential, follow quality standards and meet deadlines, even if this requires a hands-on approach
- Develop and maintain UI/UX style guides for internal and external artists
- Ensure synergies between developers, designers and producers, delivering assets in accordance to the project’s technical and feature requirements
- Rather than only creating, also keep improving screen flows and existing game features
- Demonstrate creativity and adaptability to a variety of artistic styles
- Participate in feedback rounds as well as new hires and onboardings
- A strong mobile games background
- 4+ years of experience in the mobile games industry
- Experience leading a team of three or more direct reports
- Passionate about creating, evolving and executing an artistic vision while you are also not shy to be hands-on, if required
- Excellent eye for detail and what it takes to create world leading mobile games
- Fluent in English, strong communication and visual presentation skills
Working and living at SOFTGAMES has many advantages as e.g. a high job security, great work-life balance and one of the best teams in the world :) Further our team benefits from:
Flexible working setup: Your choice - either fully remote wherever you are or on-site in our modern office in central Berlin.
Visa: Our visa assistance service guides you through the whole process and helps with tips and tricks to get the approvals and your visa as fast as possible.
Relocation Support: We support your move to Berlin with e.g. flat hunting, paper work like local registration, setting up bank accounts etc.
Language classes: We pay your German lessons so you can order food auf deutsch very fast and go right up to perfecting your business vocabulary.
Further training: A personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops, etc.
Flexible working hours and home office: Productive hours differ individually. That’s why you're welcome to show up in the office whenever you're ready for it. Need to watch the kids or wait for a handicraftsman? No problem - we also offer the opportunity for home office.
Office: A super modern office with state of the art tech, based in the center of Berlin, quickly to reach from all destinations thanks to the excellent public transport connections.
Equipment: Choose between the latest MacBook Pro or Windows Laptops at your choice. Furthermore our office features the latest projectors, cameras, testing devices, monitors - you name it.
Fresh fruits, snacks and drinks: Enjoy fresh fruits, free coffee and a fully stocked fridge with cold Water, Juices, Coke, Club Mate, Beer etc. For the sweet-toothed we have snacks, chocolate and chips of course.
Epic company parties: Regular company parties to celebrate, including Summer Party, Oktoberfest, Christmas Party.
Team events: We have regular Casual Fridays, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes, Team lunches, Company breakfasts and much more …
Team spirit: Beyond our amazing parties and company events, the team further organizes activities themselves such as playing soccer together, a cooking group, a Japanese learning group, and much more.
With offices in Berlin (HQ) and Toronto, SOFTGAMES is a leading developer of the most popular Instant Games for Facebook and the App Stores with tens of million users every month. We are on a mission to empower billions of people to instantly play great games together with their friends. To-date, more than 100 MM people have played our games on Facebook, including Cookie Land, Solitaire Story Tripeaks, Mahjong Story, Space Invaders, Bubble Shooter Pro or Trivia Quiz.
At SOFTGAMES, we believe that different perspectives and background in our teams contribute to the quality of our work. We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion / worldview, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity.
Have we caught your interest? Then we look forward to your detailed application together with your salary expectations and earliest possible start date.