Senior Game Designer (f/m/x)
SOFTGAMES is looking for a Senior Game Designer who has a passion for making memorable casual games that truly stand out in the mobile games market.
As a Senior Game Designer you will have the chance to join a small, independent, and helpful team. You will have full responsibility and ownership of your role to deliver the features that keep our players excited with the aim to create a "forever franchise".
**Qualified applicants will be expected to complete a Game Design test.
**Due to indeterminate circumstances of COVID-19, this position may initially be done remotely.
- Deliver new game features and events that are highly engaging and delivered on time
- Design the core, social meta-game, and monetization model
- Create innovative and engaging designs and prototypes while maintaining a high standard of quality
- Communicate game design clearly and concisely with the team and throughout the studio
- Iterate and adjust designs based internal/external playtests, game metrics, team input, and community feedback
- Inspire the agile and multidisciplinary game team through progressive, creative design and leadership
- A consistent 3+ years track record of (relevant and released) casual games
- Deep understanding of core mechanics-, game loop- and meta-game design in casual games
- You embrace F2P and enjoy working with KPIs and user feedback to adjust your designs
- Experience working on Solitaire or Match 3 mobile games
Working and living in Germany has many advantages as e.g. a high job security, great work-life balance and one of the best universal health care systems in the world! Further our Berlin team benefits from:
Visa: Our visa assistance service guides you through the whole process and helps with tips and tricks to get the approvals and your visa as fast as possible.
Relocation Support: We support your move to Berlin with e.g. flat hunting, paper work like local registration, setting up bank accounts etc.
Language classes: We pay your German lessons so you can order food auf deutsch very fast and go right up to perfecting your business vocabulary.
Further training: A personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops, etc.
Flexible working hours and home office: Productive hours differ individually. That’s why you're welcome to show up in the office whenever you're ready for it. Need to watch the kids or wait for a handicraftsman? No problem - we also offer the opportunity for home office.
Office: A super modern office with state of the art tech, based in the center of Berlin, quickly to reach from all destinations thanks to the excellent public transport connections.
Equipment: Choose between the latest MacBook Pro or Windows Laptops at your choice. Furthermore our office features the latest projectors, cameras, testing devices, monitors - you name it.
Fresh fruits, snacks and drinks: Enjoy fresh fruits, free coffee and a fully stocked fridge with cold Water, Juices, Coke, Club Mate, Beer etc. For the sweet-toothed we have snacks, chocolate and chips of course.
Epic company parties: Regular company parties to celebrate, including Summer Party, Oktoberfest, Christmas Party.
Team events: We have regular Casual Fridays, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes, Team lunches, Company breakfasts and much more …
Team spirit: Beyond our amazing parties and company events, the team further organizes activities themselves such as playing soccer together, a cooking group, a Japanese learning group, and much more.
With offices in Berlin (HQ) and Toronto, SOFTGAMES is a leading developer of the most popular Instant Games for Facebook and the App Stores with tens of million users every month. We are on a mission to empower billions of people to instantly play great games together with their friends. To-date, more than 100 MM people have played our games on Facebook, including Cookie Crush, Solitaire Story, Mahjong Story, Space Invaders, Fish Story, Bubble Shooter or Candy Rain.
Have we caught your interest? Then we look forward to your detailed application together with your salary expectations and earliest possible start date.