- Develop new Messenger Games to expand our portfolio
- Maintain and optimise game features of existing Instant Games
- Write robust code to be used by millions of users
- Work on schedule, set clear goals
- Independently create complete solutions from scratch
- Share knowledge and help colleagues
- Great passion for game programming
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Knowledge of
Typescript or another language with static typing
- Profiling and optimising game and engine code
- As a plus: experiences with React+Redux, build systems (e.g. Webpack or gulp), Phaser, Node.js
- Shipped at least 2 mobile/social title, preferably on multiple platforms
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code
- Deliver high-quality and well-structured code
- Open-minded and keen to learn
- Check out Cookie Crush on Facebook Messenger. Can you build this game?
What we offer:
- A spirited, inspiring, international and enthusiastic team
- The chance to craft games for millions of monthly gamers
- Working and living in Germany has many advantages as e.g. a high job security, great work-life balance and one of the best universal health care systems in the world! Further our Berlin team benefits from:
Visa: Our visa assistance service guides you through the whole process and helps with tips and tricks to get the approvals and your visa as fast as possible.
Relocation Support: We support your move to Berlin with e.g. flat hunting, paper work like local registration, setting up bank accounts etc.
Language classes: We pay your German lessons so you can order food auf deutsch very fast and go right up to perfecting your business vocabulary.
Further training: A personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops, etc.
Flexible working hours and home office: Productive hours differ individually. That’s why you're welcome to show up in the office whenever you're ready for it. Need to watch the kids or wait for a handicraftsman? No problem - we also offer the opportunity for home office.
Office: A super modern office with state of the art tech, based in the center of Berlin, quickly to reach from all destinations thanks to the excellent public transport connections.
Equipment: Choose between the latest MacBook Pro or Windows Laptops at your choice. Furthermore our office features the latest projectors, cameras, testing devices, monitors - you name it.
Fresh fruits, snacks and drinks: Enjoy fresh fruits, free coffee and a fully stocked fridge with cold Water, Juices, Coke, Club Mate, Beer etc. For the sweet-toothed we have snacks, chocolate and chips of course.
Epic company parties: Regular company parties to celebrate, including Summer Party, Oktoberfest, Christmas Party.
Team events: We have regular Casual Fridays, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes, Team lunches, Company breakfasts and much more …
Team spirit: Beyond our amazing parties and company events, the team further organizes activities themselves such as playing soccer together, a cooking group, a Japanese learning group, and much more.
With offices in Berlin, Germany and Toronto, ON, Canada, SOFTGAMES is a leading developer of the most popular Messenger Games with tens of million users every month. Further SOFTGAMES is operating the world’s largest platform for HTML5 games distribution and monetization outside the Messengers. Our vision is to help users to instantly play great games with their friends, while helping brands to reach their target audiences. To-date, more than 100 MM people have played our games on Facebook Messenger, including Cookie Crush, Solitaire Story, Mahjong Story, Space Invaders, Fish Story, Bubble Shooter or Candy Rain.
Have we caught your interest? Then we look forward to your detailed application together with your salary expectations and earliest possible start date.