Senior Game System Designer (f/m/x)
To join our Game Studio and help us make our awesome games even greater, we are looking for a Senior Game System Designer at SOFTGAMES. Do you have a passion for creating casual games which stand out in the mobile games market and keep our players excited? Do you want to help us create our "forever franchise"? As a Senior Game System Designer you will have the chance to join a small, independent, and agile company and team and leave your mark in the casual games market.
**Qualified applicants will be expected to complete a Game Design test.
**Due to indeterminate circumstances of COVID-19, this position may initially be done remotely.
In your role, you will:
- Design and balance engaging game features and progression systems
- Help create the designs, documentation, systems mechanics, as well as guide the implementation of game features and systems with eyes on engagement, retention and monetization
- Iterate and adjust designs and the game economy based on game metrics, team input, internal/external play tests and community feedback
- Creating KPIs and optimising company and team structure
- Act as vision keeper for all gameplay related aspects of the game
- Communicate game design clearly and concisely with the team and throughout the studio
- Inspire the agile and multidisciplinary game team through progressive, creative design and leadership
- Build and constantly update existing game models to accommodate for emerging best practices.
- A consistent 3+ years track record of (relevant and released) casual games
- A healthy passion for casual games with a good understanding of odds and player psychology
- Deep understanding of core mechanics-, game loop- and meta-game design in casual games
- Strong ability of analytical and critical thinking
- Strong empathic ability to understand and “feel” our target audience
- Superb technical skills in balancing, tuning, polishing games, and developing monetization strategies
- You embrace F2P and enjoy working with KPIs and user feedback to adjust your designs
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and written
- Deep passion for games!
- Experience working on Solitaire or Match 3 mobile games
What we offer:
Working and living in Germany has many advantages as e.g. a high job security, great work-life balance and one of the best universal health care systems in the world! Further our Berlin team benefits from:
Visa: Our visa assistance service guides you through the whole process and helps with tips and tricks to get the approvals and your visa as fast as possible.
Relocation Support: We support your move to Berlin with e.g. flat hunting, paper work like local registration, setting up bank accounts etc.
Language classes: We pay your German lessons so you can order food auf deutsch very fast and go right up to perfecting your business vocabulary.
Further training: A personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops, etc.
Flexible working hours and home office: Productive hours differ individually. That’s why you're welcome to show up in the office whenever you're ready for it. Need to watch the kids or wait for a handicraftsman? No problem - we also offer the opportunity for home office.
Office: A super modern office with state of the art tech, based in the center of Berlin, quickly to reach from all destinations thanks to the excellent public transport connections.
Equipment: Choose between the latest MacBook Pro or Windows Laptops at your choice. Furthermore our office features the latest projectors, cameras, testing devices, monitors - you name it.
Fresh fruits, snacks and drinks: Enjoy fresh fruits, free coffee and a fully stocked fridge with cold Water, Juices, Coke, Club Mate, Beer etc. For the sweet-toothed we have snacks, chocolate and chips of course.
Epic company parties: Regular company parties to celebrate, including Summer Party, Oktoberfest, Christmas Party.
Team events: We have regular Casual Fridays, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes, Team lunches, Company breakfasts and much more …
Team spirit: Beyond our amazing parties and company events, the team further organizes activities themselves such as playing soccer together, a cooking group, a Japanese learning group, and much more.
With offices in Berlin (HQ) and Toronto, SOFTGAMES is a leading developer of the most popular Instant Games for Facebook and the App Stores with tens of million users every month. We are on a mission to empower billions of people to instantly play great games together with their friends. To-date, more than 100 MM people have played our games on Facebook, including Cookie Crush, Solitaire Story, Mahjong Story, Space Invaders, Fish Story, Bubble Shooter or Candy Rain.
Have we caught your interest? Then we look forward to your detailed application together with your salary expectations and earliest possible start date.