Senior Product Manager - Live Ops & Games Monetization (f/m/x)
We are on a mission to empower billions of people to instantly play great games together with their friends.
SOFTGAMES is looking for someone to join our team as our new Senior Product Manager for Monetization and Live Operations of one of our highly successful Solitaire titles. The Senior Product Manager will be leading a team responsible for the sales, continual updates and community management of our live game products, with the aim to create a forever franchise.
Our ideal candidate is an established game industry live operations expert, has an in-depth understanding of the entire lifecycle of mobile free-to-play games, is good with people and can pull, analyze, and report data from the game to use this to drive in-game sales.
Due to indeterminate circumstances of COVID-19, this position may initially be done remotely.
- Lead a strong live-ops title, shape the product vision, strategy and roadmap and aim to create a core franchise.
- End to end management of the game lifecycle: prioritize features based on business value, collect and analyze requirements, write clear and detailed specs and create wireframes.
- Analyze results of features after deployment, iterate based on data to improve performance. SQL skills are a plus
- Guide and mentor cross-discipline team members.
- Employ usage of data analytics, industry knowledge, and gamer's-intuition to identify, design and improve features that make our games more engaging and drive growth in revenue, reach and retention.
- Manage LiveOps, in game events & sales to maximize revenue and keep players engaged through balancing and optimizations.
- Apply agile and lean production approaches.
- Work in close collaboration with BI, QA, CRM and game economy departments to ensure smooth execution with minimum iterations.
- Take initiative to identify and solve problems in a self guided way. Follow a bigger vision while paying attention to the details that matter.
- Work closely with the Head of Studio to help carry out vision and strategy.
- 3 - 5 years experience in Game Production, Product Management or related roles in the F2P mobile games industry, and understanding of the game development processes inside and out.
- Significant experience in running a previous title in the (mobile) games as a service space.
- Hands on experience in game development crafts such as art, engineering or game design.
- Breadth of knowledge of a variety of monetization, retention and reward structures and how each are deployed, monitored and iterated upon.
- Experience in applying agile and lean practices to game development.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with a focus on data-driven decision making.
- Experience and affinity using data tools like Tableau, DeltaDNA, Adjust, SQL or Facebook Analytics is a strong plus.
- Comfortable and experienced with interacting and engaging external teams.
- Expert project- and team management skills, software development methodologies and tools, such as JIRA, Git or similar.
- You are an excellent communicator, and enjoy guiding and motivating teams.
Working and living in Germany has many advantages as e.g. a high job security, great work-life balance and one of the best universal health care systems in the world! Further our Berlin team benefits from:
Visa: Our visa assistance service guides you through the whole process and helps with tips and tricks to get the approvals and your visa as fast as possible.
Relocation Support: We support your move to Berlin with e.g. flat hunting, paper work like local registration, setting up bank accounts etc.
Language classes: We pay your German lessons so you can order food auf deutsch very fast and go right up to perfecting your business vocabulary.
Further training: A personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops, etc.
Flexible working hours and home office: Productive hours differ individually. That’s why you're welcome to show up in the office whenever you're ready for it. Need to watch the kids or wait for a handicraftsman? No problem - we also offer the opportunity for home office.
Office: A super modern office with state of the art tech, based in the center of Berlin, quickly to reach from all destinations thanks to the excellent public transport connections.
Equipment: Choose between the latest MacBook Pro or Windows Laptops at your choice. Furthermore our office features the latest projectors, cameras, testing devices, monitors - you name it.
Fresh fruits, snacks and drinks: Enjoy fresh fruits, free coffee and a fully stocked fridge with cold Water, Juices, Coke, Club Mate, Beer etc. For the sweet-toothed we have snacks, chocolate and chips of course.
Epic company parties: Regular company parties to celebrate, including Summer Party, Oktoberfest, Christmas Party.
Team events: We have regular Casual Fridays, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes, Team lunches, Company breakfasts and much more …
Team spirit: Beyond our amazing parties and company events, the team further organizes activities themselves such as playing soccer together, a cooking group, a Japanese learning group, and much more.
With offices in Berlin (HQ) and Toronto, SOFTGAMES is a leading developer of the most popular Instant Games for Facebook and the App Stores with tens of million users every month. We are on a mission to empower billions of people to instantly play great games together with their friends. To-date, more than 100 MM people have played our games on Facebook, including Cookie Crush, Solitaire Story, Mahjong Story, Space Invaders, Fish Story, Bubble Shooter or Candy Rain.
Have we caught your interest? Then we look forward to your detailed application together with your salary expectations and earliest possible start date.