Senior UI Game Artist (f/m/x)
At SOFTGAMES you will have the opportunity to work in an agile team environment creating casual games for Facebook Messenger and Mobile that entertain millions of people every month. The Senior UI Game Artist (f/m/x) is in charge of the User Interfaces of our games, creating and improving art assets for menus, icons and in-game HUDs. Furthermore the ideal candidate will design intuitive, attractive and functional UI systems while paying special attention to the quality of the user experience. Working in small teams, you will take part in a creative, challenging and collaborative environment.
**Qualified applicants will be expected to complete a graphics test.
Your role will consist in:
- Creating the visual design from concept stage to implementation
- Designing UI animations, transitions and visual effects
- Documenting UI style guides
- Working in synergy with developers and designers, delivering assets in accordance to the project’s technical and feature requirements
- Concisely communicating your ideas about improving screen flows and game features from the perspective of the user experience
- Demonstrating creativity and adaptability to a variety of artistic styles
- Fluent in English, strong communication and interpersonal skills
- 5+years experience in creating polished, visually appealing, user friendly, consistent and distinct user interface art assets (e.g. buttons, menus, icons and animation.)
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with 2D Animation and Visual Effects
- Passionate about games!
- Experience with casual games (45+ female core audience)
- Experience in user interface design for mobile and web games
- Great sense of composition and colour
- Experience writing specs documents and giving feedback remotely to freelancers
- An opportunity to work in the heart of Berlin within a thriving company of ambitious, international and highly motivated professionals in the fast-evolving Instant Games business
- An exciting job where you can assume responsibility and develop professionally
- Flexible working-hours and flat company hierarchy
- Inspiring company breakfasts, team events
- Perks: fresh fruits, cold drinks, tea, coffee, discounted local transport ticket, health package etc.
With offices in Berlin, Germany and Toronto, Canada, SOFTGAMES is a leading developer of the most popular Instant Games for Messengers like Facebook, LINE, SnapChat with tens of million users every month. Further SOFTGAMES is operating the world’s largest platform for HTML5 games distribution and monetization outside the Messengers. Our vision is to help users to instantly play great games with their friends, while helping brands to reach their target audiences. To-date, more than 100 MM people have played our games on Facebook Messenger, including Cookie Crush, Solitaire Story, Mahjong Story, Space Invaders, Fish Story, Bubble Shooter or Candy Rain.
Have we caught your interest? Then we look forward to your detailed application together with your salary expectations and earliest possible start date.